verbetert moeder- en kindzorg in Afrika
2022 - 2022
- It is with great sadness that the Mount Meru Foundation has had to say goodbye to its founder and chairman, Margriet van der Weel-Roem. She passed away on August 13, 2022.
- After extensive test rounds, four beautiful mobile ultrasound devices were purchased in 2022 for our project the Mobile Sonographer. For the first time we also teamed up with Benetec.
- The Benetec device – the Minisono – was taken into use by Regina Namumba in mid-2022. Regina is a very experienced sonographer who provides extra hands-on training for sonographers for the Mount Meru foundation.
- Three midwives were able to follow extensive hands-on training in 2022 at the expense of the foundation with our trainer Regina Namumba in Tabora. They look back with gratitude on their ten-day training.
- At the end of September, a Tanzanian delegation visited the Flemish Thomas More college. One of the visitors was Dr. Heriel, with whom we work. An excellent opportunity to discuss the mobile ultrasound project in Karatu with him.
- A mobile device (the Lumify from Philips) was taken into use in Zanzibar in the autumn by Johanna Omar, a German obstetrician who has been working in Zanzibar for years. With this we have been able to kick-start her project for mobile pregnancy checks in the outlying areas of the island.